Director of Sales and Marketing
Work Location: Ann Arbor, MI
As the Director of Sales and Marketing, you will lead, manage, and grow a team of sales and marketing professionals responsible for achieving annual revenue targets. As a hands-on leader, you excel in management, problem-solving, and accountability for yourself and your team. This is a leadership role and requires a combination of technical and customer-facing skills and the ability to coach and mentor sales and marketing professionals. You should be willing to travel within U.S. & occasional international travel as needed.
- Lead, manage, develop and grow a sales and marketing team that is accountable for performing assigned activities and achieving results.
- Responsible for the revenue portion of the company’s annual operating plan development and the execution of sales and marketing strategies.
- Work closely with the executive team to assist in developing a cohesive and executable strategic plan that addresses the market needs and a well-defined “Go to Market” strategy.
- Research markets and report on market changes affecting company products and/or services.
- Ensure customer retention and growth, through on-going customer management plans and programs.
- Sets targets of sales performance designed to optimize sales volume, including measures related to cost, quality and time. Provides reports to the executive team on the progress of all activities to pre-set targets.
- Refine, develop and monitor metrics to assess the success of the sales and marketing team.
- Refine and develop methodologies, tools, and programs surrounding sales and marketing plans and programs.
- Hire, retain and motivate the best and brightest employees.
- Participates in the evaluation of various business units’ performance to sales and strategic targets, including quarterly accountability reviews.
- Train sales and marketing skills, techniques and processes, as they relate to effectively marketing and selling the company’s products and/or services.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education.
- 10+ years in leadership role selling software solutions and consulting services to enterprise customers.
- Market analysis, with strategy design, build, implementation and execution experience.
- Expert knowledge of software market and systems integration services. Experience with enterprise software like Esri ArcGIS, IBM Maximo, SAP, Oracle WAM, or ABB Ellipse highly desired.
- Training or experience in EOS® is highly desired.
- Domain knowledge in GIS, utilities, telecommunications, pipeline, transportation, or government is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building, organizational, time-management and planning skills.
- Superior problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Why GeoNexus Technologies
- You can make a difference!
- We are a high-growth company where you are asked to directly contribute to meaningful software used by the nation’s largest asset-intensive organizations.
- A fun, collaborative, high-energy, driven, passionate, and customer-focused environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits; including medical, dental, vision, paid time off programs, and 401K which includes a company match.
Be GeoNexus Technologies’ next great hire; send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!