Software Quality Assurance Manager
Schedule: Full Time
Work Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Must be eligible for employment in the US for any employer. We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Forward resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
At Geonexus our mission is to ensure the integrity of enterprise data by providing a continually supported, easy-to-use, proven platform for system integration. We provide the Geonexus Integration Platform, an enterprise-grade solution that includes out-of-the-box connectors for Esri® ArcGIS®, IBM® Maximo, SAP®, ABB® Ellipse, Oracle® Utilities, and other leading enterprise systems. Our software is used by asset-intensive organizations across the globe in industries including utilities, telecommunications, pipeline, transportation, and government. Geonexus is a software company with a start-up culture located in Ann Arbor Michigan.
Geonexus is looking for a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Manager with prior experience to lead, mentor, and grow a team that is responsible for ensuring our software meets minimum organization standards and end-user requirements. We currently perform manual testing and are just starting to implement automated GUI testing using Squish software from Froglogic. Our software is built on Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) using Java and JavaFX. Our Software Development team uses Jira to track defects, and our SQA personnel use Zephyr for Jira to manage test execution.
If you have prior experience in SQA, well versed in QA best practices and tools, are accountable for delivering quality work, seek out experiences and insights of others, and value strong relationships with colleagues and customers, we would love for you to join our team. The SQA team works on existing products that have an established and rapidly growing user base and new solutions to expand our reach into new markets. As our SQA Manager you will report to our Vice President of Technology and lead all aspects of software quality assurance for the company.
- Be responsible for quality assurance; continuously improve quality processes and quality systems with the goal of delivering reliable high-quality software.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team that is accountable for performing SQA activities and achieving results.
- Select and implement tools, methods, and procedures to ensure software defects are detected, tracked, and resolved.
- Establish and manage traceability matrix matching software requirements with testcases and test results.
- Develop and execute test plans and scripts.
- Coordinate and prioritize quality assurance activities, schedules, and monitor results.
- Identify, report, and monitor software defects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience in software quality assurance and automated testing for enterprise applications.
- Experience managing people with demonstrated experience building and motivating teams.
- Strong organizational, leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work in a small team environment and to deliver on-time and on-quality work.
- A fast learner and ability to work independently.
- Understanding and experience with Esri ArcGIS technology stack.
- Experience writing and executing automated tests using Squish.
- Familiarity and experience with Cloud applications and integration platform as a service (iPaaS).
Why GeoNexus Technologies
- You can make a difference!
- We are a high-growth company where you are asked to directly contribute to meaningful software used by the nation’s largest asset intensive organizations.
- A fun, collaborative, high-energy, driven, passionate, and customer-focused environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits; including medical, dental, vision, paid time off programs, and 401K which includes a company match.
Be GeoNexus Technologies’ next great hire; send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!