Software Quality Assurance & Documentation Specialist
Schedule: Full Time
Work Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Must be eligible for employment in the US for any employer.
Forward resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GeoNexus Technologies (GeoNexus) ensures integrity of enterprise data to support effective decision-making. We provide our customers, from asset intensive industries including Utilities, Telecommunications, and Transportation, with an easy and reliable way to integrate their systems through our fully supported software platform.
If you have a passion for technology and are accountable for delivering quality work, seek out experiences and insights of others, and value strong relationships with colleagues and customers, we would love for you to join our team.
As Software Quality Assurance and Documentation Specialist, you will be part of our software development team to assure our software meets quality requirements and is well documented prior to general release to our customer base. You will be the gatekeeper between the Software Developers that create the products and the Software Delivery team that installs and configures the software for the customer. You will define procedures for software quality control and assurance (testing) and criteria for release candidates. You will also be responsible for managing and updating all software documentation, “how to” videos, and release notes. Essentially, you will make sure the software is ready for delivery in terms of quality, usability, documentation, and packaging.
This job requires the ability to work with a sense of urgency while juggling multiple objectives and goals. To be successful you will need to be organized and self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team. This is a technical position and requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills. This position is suited for someone who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team, and takes pride in their career.
- Coordinate the testing and release process for our GeoWorx software suite.
- Define software release criteria and ensure all requirements are met before release.
- Define release schedule, track progress, and report all issues and roadblocks to management.
- Ensure software is of high quality and ready for prime time before release to the customer.
- Create software test plans, test cases, and QA procedures.
- Perform software testing. Manage and execute test cycles and test cases.
- Record and manage software bugs/issues in Freshdesk and Jira and communicate them to the development team.
- Write, update, and manage all software documentation on on-line help systems.
- Write, update, and manage all software release notes.
- Author and produce software demonstration and instructional videos.
- On occasion, work with Marketing to ensure our software is properly branded prior to release and deliver software demonstrations as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of the software testing lifecycle.
- Experience testing software and documenting issues.
- Experience in the use of bug tracking systems and QA management tools.
- Technical writing/documentation experience.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Prior course work in GIS, Computer Science, or other applicable major.
- Experience using Esri ArcGIS software.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management systems.
- Experience with Freshdesk CRM and JIRA Bug Tracking System or similar.
- Experience using Zephyr test management software for JIRA.
- Strong understanding of HTML and web based online documentation.
- Experience with MadCap Flare for publishing online documentation.
- Camtasia Studio for help and demonstration video editing.
- Confidence in public speaking to support software demonstrations.
Why GeoNexus Technologies
- We are a family-oriented, high growth company where you will directly contribute to meaningful software used by the nation’s largest utility companies
- We work in a fun, collaborative, high energy, and customer focused environment
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and personal days, and 401K with company contribution.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Be GeoNexus Technologies’ next great hire; send your resume to email@example.com!